Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Another excellent post Scott. We really got screwed by the bankers, I remember as the situation emerged and news gradually leaked out. I opined we almost had grounds for legal recourse. I'm still pissed about that.

Have you persons seen the story about General Growth Properties, the U.S.'s second largest mall operator? "General Growth has been generating enough cash flow for the company to pay monthly interest costs and expenses, but it has been unable to refinance the principal of loans and mortgages as they come due because banks and other financing sources have been reluctant to issue large mortgages and loans."

I don't agree with "While Connacher’s own five-year plans might be in shambles, ..." myself, as their (our) 2015 production goal is still near 50,000/bpd, production is being ramped up at GD, and Algar is just waiting for someone to change the button from "pause" to "play."

I also don't agree with the quest for a news release to explain the recent rise in oil sands. How would Connacher explain a change in market sentiment, merger speculation, or whatever? Personally I think smart money is realizing the economy has hit bottom and Connacher (and other OS companies) aren't going under. If takeover interests were waiting to see who would survive, and what the cheapest takeout price would be, they'll see the window is disappearing.

I liked this post also, kudos: "... we don't buy stocks for the present value but for the speculation of the future. If companies did not grow then no one would ever make money on the stock market. Connacher has solid management. Gusella and team are rock solid and have great experience through good times and hard times. We are talking about people who have set records and precedents. " I'm curious to know what the precedents are, and agree management is running a tight ship.

Jurek's post of this was prescient (except) "IMO, at this point nobody looks at the fundamentals. Rumours is what it counts. Enjoy the ride until the music stops." I think some aren't following the dry wit and humor, associated with intelligent minds. However my bet is not all the fundamentals are obvious, management is on the ball, the economy will recover, and better days are ahead. (please nobody gag on the happy ending)

I had more to say but have completely lost my train of thought after all this rambling. I need to research if the Chicago White Sox won or lost tonight. Best wishes to all.

New Message
Please login to post a reply