Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Sharky & BBQ:

There is no question, I am delighted to see oil knocking on the door of $60.00.

One thing we all need to be aware of though. This economy is still very fragile and susceptible to the pressure of "run away" commodity prices. It is my hope that we see oil settle down into the $60.00 to $70.00 range while the economy continues to heal. We can all live with that for awhile as the economies heal.

A salient question. Has anything really changed? Are the Western economies really structurally better? My argument would be for not really. We have merely, particularly in the US, just created several trillion dollars out of the ephemeral environment of the unbacked printing press. This is evidenced by the slippage in the US$/CDN$ exchange rate over the past few days with the CDN$ strengthening by about 10% relative to the US$. Sharky, I hate to say it, but one of the real questions today, is will the Euro even survive. Many are saying no! At present, one of my advisers is suggesting that I short the Euro as he believes it it is structurally deficient and will not survive.

Brian

New Message
Please login to post a reply