Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Dick's Past Record

posted on May 29, 2009 01:52AM

Guys,

Does anyone have any information about RG's past record as far as running a company is concerned. like Brian I have been around for quite a while and have generally kept abreast of the situation for the last few years. However I have never seen anyone give any examples of companies that DG has either ran or held a prominent position in before CLL. I remember trying, a long time ago, to find out through the web but didn't get much. I have learned over the past few years that it pays dividend to check out management, before taking the plunge.

Can anyone help out by posting some details of his record here.

Actually I did have huge faith in the management for a long time and all folks here should admit that they did a great job getting POD 1 up and running. Although in my view the spiral down was not caused 100% by management I have questioned some of the decisions they have made recently e.g. hedging at a loss, delaying the building of ALGAR etc. (not very visionary at $65 oil). Seems like the management are great at the engineering side and getting things done on the ground but are not great at the fiscal side of running a company. Perhaps RG is not all to blame for that as he supposed to have the required support and advice from his accounting group which for me are useless.

On the subject of buying more shares I am afraid that this company is now very speculative and I for one will wait before I commit any more cash. As I have repeated many times recently, there are so many steady and reliable companies out there at bargain basement prices. They deserve my money more than Connacher at the moment and I know for sure they will still be around in 10 years. On the other hand I will not be selling either as I still think they will come through in the end and make us all happy.

Den

New Message
Please login to post a reply