Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Re: volume

in response to by
posted on Jun 19, 2009 08:27AM

"interesting how negativity and hindsight go hand in hand,as for the basher post below well they do seem to get leway here given the acceptability of the violation inffered"

could you please explain what you meant by this post, im not understanding you clearly?

What I posted was far from "bashing". I was sharing my opinion on why the short position decreased so much in the last few weeks after the offering. Its because it was simple arbitrage. If you were a bank and you saw a short oppourtunity where you could "gaurantee" a profit, then why not take it? I was just sharing insight on why the numbers decreased so much. If you have a better explanation about the change in short position please share it with the board. The insider filings are a good sign, as DG shows some confidence in Connacher after recieving the financing. I believe he decided to buy shares personally only after connacher had the cash to finish Algar. It will be interesting to see what they do with the additional 200 million they now have in the bank (ie expand capacity, or aqquire additional conventional).

New Message
Please login to post a reply