Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free
Message: Oil sands to take hit from U.S. bill - Globe & Mail

Hi Guys

Why are you so affraid to have a bit more of a social envirioment then it is now?It's a system which cost a lot of money to the State and also extra tax from the citizens but it has some advantages too.Maybe Belgium has the best social system of Europe and so far the crisis is not so extremely felt by the citizens up here.Though house prices has lost some steam prices are still at a high level and on the streets many of us has not the idea that the crisis has hit the people up here.Travelling is still well supported too.

Because of this system people who lost their jobs or has to stay at home for a while cause there was less work they still got a surplus and could keep they house payments etc..Clinic cost and doctors ,studying etc. is also much lower .So what is so wrong with that?I told once here that many Americans who lost their jobs or have not much money for living they would be glad to have such a system.I think most people up here belong to the middle class and higher and can afford a nice lifestyle though we had a crisis now .So it's easy to say we don't need a beter social system because we can pay all we need .

What we see now in Europe that there is indeed a shift to more liberal ,social economy because there was to much mis using of the system,specially by people from abroad which came to here just because we have a good social system.Now the rules are getting tied which is good.

I have the feeling that some can be better done in the States on some parts of the systems.Looks what's has happened if just making money is the case at all.California one of the best places in the States is almost bankrupt because of to much liberal forces.

If oil which many believe will go up again goes back to levels at 140 and higher then it will inflate the economy again.So Obama's idea to push car makers to make less oil dependent vehicles will probably create another kind of economy.On a longer time view other industrial tools can support ecomomy as well like we have seen with computer and mobile phone industry etc.I read an artickle about a test with a Porsche Carrera and it took average 6.5 liter per 100 km on a daily normal driving test in urban and suburban area's.

New Message
Please login to post a reply