Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

US$ to CDN$

posted on Jul 26, 2009 11:05PM

The Canadian Dollar has begun its ascent vis a vis the US Dollar. This is forecast to result in a devaluation of the US$ to reach as much as a devaluation of 50% for the US$ over the next couple of years. Can any here recall whether Connachers recent borrowings were in US or Canadian Dollars. If this devaluation of the US$ takes place and if Connachers financing is in US$, then this should benefit Connacher as they will be the recipients of a strong Canadian $ while their borrowings would be in a weakening US$. For the US it will not be pretty in many respects, but, should support a revitalization of the US manufacturing economy. The Canadian economy and $ will be supported by their strength in oil, NG and raw materials. All items in demand by the 80% of the worlds population residing in industrializing and developing nations and their subsequent needs for energy and materials to support their inustialization. About time the US get off its phony economy and back to making "real" items of trade. The only problem I see, is how much industrial manufacturig "know how" has been lost in our extended descent? The era of the real as opposed to the epheremal is soon to be upon us. Makes me long to be a bit younger when I was in the raw materials industry. An industry which again is about to become "fun" again!

Brian

New Message
Please login to post a reply