Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Re: The Future of Canadian Oil

posted on Aug 12, 2009 10:02PM

NN:

Excellent piece. Thank you!

Initially there were several motivations that drove me to invest in Canada where I have 50% of my portfolio (likely says something about my understanding and respect for the direction of my own country, the USA, not to mention the fiscal and monetary mess we have gotten ourselves into).

1. Canada's natural resources including oil & natural gas, metals and minerals, hydro-electric power, etc., in concert with my belief that Canada with its natural resources has a glorious future in supplying many of the materials and resources upon which the 5 billion people of the developing world are going to be dependent upon for the modernization of their societies. A process which should not and cannot be stopped.

2. A frequently found practicality of the Canadian people. Do I always agree? No! But generally I have found that Canadians are motivated by honest and altruistic intentions!

3. During my years in business, I had extensive dealings with many Canadian Corporations and formed a number of close relationships with many Canadians on not only a business level but, a personal basis as well. Generally I found them to be sincere, honest, good business people and several became good personal friends. Some of which last to this day.

4. Many here know me as an individual who frequently questions the motivations, actions and intentions of management. Such is not motivated by venality but, rather by my belief that any management needs to be held accountable for their actions, decisions, policies and their effectiveness. No Corporation is well served by shareholders who are not passionately and actively involved in questioning at times the actions and decisions of Management. Such is why I have great difficulty with Connachers policy regarding "insiders" being exempt from the effects of dilution. Frankly, I do not understand why more are not, as ultimately such a policy delivers into Managements hands irrevocable corporate control which effectively marginalizes "non insider" share holders.

Excellent posting NN!

Brian

New Message
Please login to post a reply