Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free
Message: "Peak Oil’ Is a Waste of Energy--The New York Times

Hello to all again.

Have been away on the board for a while.We have had a super summer this year so my vacation time was great.

Haven't followed CLL and PDP for a period and I see CLl hasn't moved to much while PDP dropped again.

I think we had to wait until Algar is in production and PDP founds a good sollution to fix the well problem etc..

Just read the latest discussion on peak oil again.I'm cautious about all these so called visionairs.During my period I'm in stock markets I read so many artickles and all other related stuff but many predictions I have seen turned out to be the opposite ones.Remenber what they wrote years ago about the old and the so called new ecomomy with the techno bubble.

Take simply this text.

The premise of Rubin's book is that oil is a finite resource and so-called "easy" oil is waning. Inevitably production will be unable to keep up with the growing demand worldwide, and the price of oil will skyrocket.

I just want to know if oil will skyrocket what the effect it will have on consumer spending ,economy etc. again and where will governments found money again to support that event?It's clear that after putting large amounts of money into the banking sector now ,that all governments will take steps to receive back some of that money.How ?By raising taxes etc..Maybe many investors in oil stocks should be happy if oil will skyrocket but not me.

Why didn't oil companies not follow the latest spike in oil?

New Message
Please login to post a reply