Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

JUREK:

Once again your ability to insult fellow posters with impunity amazes me. If anyone reading it doesn't recognize the cheap shot I'd be amazed.

Now your post of course is pure fantasy and I'd call it something else but you have the power to toss me off the board so I will remain civil.

YOU DO HOWEVER HAVE SOME EXPLAINING TO DO

Your opening statements are, for a lack of a better term BS. You've formatted the post to give the reader the impression that CLL will be deleted and UTS and OPC will be Added effective Sept 21 2009. IMO the intention of your post was to discredit CLL and of course me.

IN REALITY

anyone that reads the full article you cut and pasted, you'll find that neither CLL, UTS or OPC are even mentioned for changes to be made effective Sept 21 2009. WHERE these companies are listed is under the annual review section.

http://finance.alphatrade.com/story/2009-09-11/CNW/200909111717CANADANWCANADAPR_C4316.html

NOW THE TRUTH

CLL was delisted yet effective March 23 2009 , read it yourself.

http://www2.standardandpoors.com/spf/pdf/index/031309_Canada-Changes.pdf

Now to answer your why are other being promoted and not CLL. Well first of all one has to realize that your original question was issued after giving readers a false impression. When CLL was delisted on Mar 23rd SP was trading in the low .70's range for weeks, oil was just starting to rise again and was trading in the low $40's. CLL hadn't yet had the share offering and was burning through cash on hand.

So Jurek, to answer your question. In march of 2009 CLL was a STAND ALONE company in tough economic times whose very survival was in question. OPTI was also having tough times but their partnership with Nexon meant it had a better chance for survival. Same goes for UTS who's partnered with Petro Canada and Tech Cominco.

So are UTS and OPC better companies, no they're just different and who was listed or not was based on these differences.

BTW you left out an important statement from Standards and Poor

Company additions to and deletions from an S&P index do not in any way reflect an opinion on the investment merits of the company

New Message
Please login to post a reply