Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free
Message: Re: CONNACHER OIL AND GAS LIMITED PROVIDES OPERATIONAL UPDATE

That looks once gain not bad .

But I took this from their website

• Commerciality declared March 1, 2008
  • 1 million barrels by July 2008
  • 2 million barrels by December 2008
  • Bitumen production levels as high as 9,870 bbl/d in September 2008
  • Bitumen production temporarily curtailed in December 2008 due to deteriorating market conditions
  • Full production ramp-up reinstated in January 2009 concurrent with improvement in heavy differentials, reduction in diluent blending and trucking costs and with hedges put in place to protect against further commodity price declines
  • Two new SAGD well pairs completed in Q1 2009 and commenced steaming in April 2009. Anticipated conversion to production June/July of 2009.
  • Installed 4 electrical submersible pumps in April 2009
  • Focus in 2009 is optimizing plant operations, production and reduction of operating costs

So at September 2008 they were almost at full speed without ESP pumps.Then a slow down to 7500 average.But after the curtailing they probably couldn't achieve that level.So was a curtailing for only 1 month worse that risk?

That action cost them around 2000 bbl/p for almost a year.I think that's quite a lot of cash they missed.

Probably they couldn't achieve a steady 10.000 bbl/pd without the help of these ESP pumps and it's at current moment not a fact either .

I think until Algar is running the sp has no big chance for a firm upwards move into the the old 3 to 5 $ range .We face a double amount of shares too.

CLL will be a long time view stock and as we can see SAGD is not something you can bet on.So saying Algar will be at 10.000 till end next year or begin 2011 will be a question until we see the facts IMO.The company has a potention but there a lot of things that could influence it in the good or bad direction.Will be a trading play for a lot of month I think.

New Message
Please login to post a reply