Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free
Oct 03, 2009 05:44PM
Oct 03, 2009 07:01PM

all I get from some of these posts is an all out "don't invest in this stock"

Dondon.

It's not about that but either take a carefully approach.Why?

Well most of the posters up here stepped into this stock let's say from around 2005 /6 average.Me myself was also at that time a supporter of the whole picture + the leading team.Investors that time valuaded CLl at around 3 to 4.5 average for the whole package ie building POD 1 ,MRC purchase and the rest.And the picture indeed looks ok.

The debt situation was the first time concerns came up by some guys up here but the oil price was then in favor for us and we broke the resistance of 4.5 and went up to 5.So far still ok.

Then the crisis came in full speed into the world.The reaction on the falling oil price (IMO a panic reaction) causes the start of the downturn and then on top it became very clear that the debt situation killed the goose.Result is what we are in now.

Now you're right ,all that is passed and again we have some nice future ahead.But to simply admit after we have seen what can happen it's wise to be prudent on this stock until they actually reach the 50.000 bpd.Are you sure the latest dillution was the last one?Remember they stated before there would be no dilluation.It's proven they were wrong.

I don't know your age but if you are still a young guy you can hold this stock for quite a long time and buy the lows.However if you're 50 + or far over, the guys who bought in the 3 to 4.5 range or higher they probably can wait a very long time .Remenber we have a double of shares and even with Algar running full speed it will be hard to take to 3 resistance.We just can hope then that if they Will go on for the rest they plan to use the genarated cash for further development.

So instead of taking a positive approach I rather go for a neutral one .I think we all up here excluded the fact that we would face such a dillution even they announce it will not happen anymore.So the only thing I wish to say is be carefull.I 've been in stocks for almost 19 years so I have read and seen a lot.Some years ago I bought a stock at 40 $ which went very fast to almost 70 and then dropped to a penny stock.Then I bought again and it went almost straight to 100.Now it's again around 1.I was lucky I sold at that time.

With CLL we can have good or bad luck.Assuming Algar can be built (and it looks that way)like POD 1 that's nice.But are you sure all well pairs will ramp up smoothly?If not what then?New drills,extra ESP piumps etc..More cost.If you can't reach your goal the costprice to achieve goes up fast.2Crude has probably more knowledge then me about that but I learned that SAGD is not such a peace of cake operation.

Take PDP .Nice run up when started in Argentinia.Then depletation and other problems.Stock collapsed.Then a start drilling in Columbia where everyone was convinced that's the place to be.They found oil but the well is a big problem.Now they raised money again.Let's hope they found a good well and can fix the problem or again troubles ahead.

So my advice is just don't accept the future as a fact right now even indeed it can look pretty good.

Oct 05, 2009 01:10AM
Oct 05, 2009 01:31AM
Oct 05, 2009 12:44PM
Oct 05, 2009 12:53PM

Oct 05, 2009 01:55PM

Oct 05, 2009 05:19PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply