Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

High Frequency Trading

posted on Oct 16, 2009 04:30AM

With over 7 million shares of Connacher changing hands yesterday shareholders on this board are wondering what is going on with Connacher's shares. Connacher's share price traded between a low yesterday of .94 cents and closed at a final price of 1.00 yesterday. Presiously I posted in July several articles on high frequency trading which only one person responded to. When members of this board are trying to come up with all sorts of reasons what happened yesterday I respectfully submit that high frequency trading is responsibe for a large part of the manipulation that went on yesterday as well as the manipulation that has been going on which Connacher's shares for the last couple of months. I suggest that you re-read my two previous posts to determine for yourself whether or not high frequency trading is behind Connacher's share price staying within a relatively short band, while at the same time oil is trading above $75 dollars a barrel while many other companies in the oil sands with a lot higher debt loads than Connacher's have been going up in price.

http://agoracom.com/ir/Connacher/forums/off-topic/topics/352726-high-frequency-traders/messages/1184469#message and;

http://agoracom.com/ir/Connacher/forums/off-topic/topics/352726-high-frequency-traders/messages/1184992#message

Goldman Sachs this week just announced that they have had record profits in the USA for the last quarter and coincidentally they are one of the biggest users of high frequency trading in the USA while CIBC World Markets and TD Securities in Canada successfully use high frequency trading to their advantage. Anyway you look at it as retail shareholders, we are the ducks that are lined up in the sights of these guys

Best Wishes; Scott

Oct 16, 2009 05:03AM

Oct 16, 2009 01:49PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply