Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Hi Dean

sharky you heard someone on news!!! about a double dip!!!.

Yes I did hear that and also on comments made on market watch etc.The dip is not for tomorrow ,in fact they have their eye on 2012.Why?Due to the huge steps taken to support the banking system and other specific acts for companies which are in trouble they have succeeded so far to bottom out the crisis and there is hope for some recovery in coming months.But on the other hand manuy companies has gone bankrupt ,others fired a lot of workers and it still isn't over yet.I live in Europe (Belgium) and so far due to the acts taken the crisis is not so visible but it has cost a lot of money to the State.They also will claim that money back to the banking sector and meassures are taken .So today one of our banks must sell some of their assets according to new rules up here in Europe.The banks also will not take such heavy risk with peoples money specicially on the trading floor and other risky acts like the subprime funds.

So now due to the actions taken by the companies they can succeed to achieve better earnings for some time but the unemployment rate is a negative aspect for supporting the grow.I guess in the US and Canada you have heard or read something like that.Analist who only predict another dip ahead are based on chart technical view.Also Brian has posted a famous US analist saying the same.It's impossible that such a financial melt down will be over in a very short time.So now we can have some uptrend but we may be aware that this can happen.

Now for CLL.After all the steps taken sp holds pretty well at this level.Management said they have enough to go ahead now .So if Algar construction can go on without problems it fine and the chance to get GD running at almost designed output is also a possibillity.So that can support the sp into 2011.

So with that in mind a risk can be taken by buying at this level but with an eye on how things evolve on economic aspect as well.Therefor my decission for buying back .I also will by Total shares up here today.

New Message
Please login to post a reply