Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

I had posted about the Iraq issue some time ago.

Sadly enough most of us are to old to witness the depletion of oil.From a logical view of course oil we deplete because the pace to form crude oil is much slower then we get it out of the ground but there is still enough oil to bring on the market of course related at a certain price.

The US $ also plays a role in the price setting .Recent spike in 2008 was also the fact because the us $ was weakening so in fact for us Europeans the falling us $ was an advantage.

It's better we focus on the swings and economic situation instead of thinking there will be no cheap oil in the coming years.Why should you think Bush was so eager to go to Iraq.A to quick rising oil price is very bad for the economy and the consumer.A managable rise is far much better.Don't forget the speculation in the past too.Many spikes or fallings are more driven by technical trends then real fact.So was the quick spike and after that the fast drop on both sides an overreaction in which DG was trapped because he curtailed his production for nothing and he did the financing in the most uncertain time of the banking system since a long time giving us as result after all a double amount of shares.Fund manager are sometimes like lemmings.If the trend is up most part of them are riding the spike and when it turns everybody would be out as soon as possible no matter what price.

If you are in a stock you can do 2 things.

1 If you think the stock has a project which can't fail then buy on all dips and hold on .

2 Or you buy and sell on chart pattern behavior .To me the best but it takes time to follow it very closely .But if you do well you can make huge profits.

Most of the time with European stocks I traded also because the costs are lower.I didn't trade CLL so much because of the cost and timing of the bourses overseas.But after all those who did are the best onces .Now I changed tactic no matter what costprice.

In fact CLL was a perfect trading stock past years specially when we are in the 3 to 4.5 range for almost 3 years.

New Message
Please login to post a reply