Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Annual and "special" shareholders meeting

posted on Mar 12, 2010 04:14PM

Its been awhile since I have posted (really busy with school etc.) I was checking filings on Sedar and noticed something a little unusual. On March 5, the filing for the annual meeting was posted (which is to take place on May 11). This alone is not unusual, as in prevous years this was done around this time of the year. However three days later (on March 8th), an ammendment of the filing was submitted which changed the meeting type from "Annual shareholder meeting" to "Annual and special shareholders meeting".

I looked back a few years and noticed the meeting never included "special" in the title. My question is this: does the term special mean that the board is bringing forward a vote on behalf of the shareholders that is unusual in due course? Could this perhaps mean that connacher is bringing forward a vote of joint venture, or a takeover bid to the shareholders? Im a little confused on the process the meeting and was wondering if someone could fill me in.

Thought this might get some conversation rolling, as its been kinda quiet lately.

New Message
Please login to post a reply