Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free
Message: "Special" Meeting - Again DG keeps shareholders guessing

"Special" Meeting - Again DG keeps shareholders guessing

posted on Mar 15, 2010 03:04PM

Understood that combining a special meeting with annual general meeting is common and practical. I believe the "special" inclusion was no accident.

Special meetings are quite serious events to shareholders. Their "special" status is designed to ALERT all shareholders (and those $100M convertible debt holders as well) that "something" serious is about to happen that requires your immediate attention. Spidey already listed the main issues that can be discussed a few posts back, but IMO, I believe it is not pleasant news.

Special meetings are preceded by a news release - usually a good news story variety type. The Special meeting is then a side "administrative" process that requires the "good news" story to be official (with the usual for/against debate, but generally predetermined which faction has momentum for resolution).

For CLL to include a Special Meeting with its filings, without any advanced warning via press release, or news release, is a "slight of hand", "hope no one noticed" the added scope of our meeting. Very unusual, but then again, would I expect anything else from our fearless leader DG........

IMO, CLL wanted to fly this one under the radar....if this was positive for CLL, it would be front page news and not some required add on in formal filings.....

Good luck all,

Booster

New Message
Please login to post a reply