Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

We are experiencing increasingly reliable production from our first oil sands plant at Great Divide Pod One. Our Pod One nameplate steam generating capacity is slightly in excess of 27,000 bbl/d. With the installation of nine additional downhole pumps scheduled for April and September and with continued steam injection optimization, we are targeting an average steam/oil ratio ("SOR") of 3.2 in 2010. Accordingly, this should result in Pod One bitumen production averaging in excess of 8,500 bbl/d in 2010.

dondon - My interpretation of this paragraph is that POD 1's steam generating capacity is 27,000 bbl/d of steam for the 17 existing well pairs. Once the SOR is reduced to below 3 to 2.8 or 2.9 with the additional 9 ESP's being installed in April and September 2010, then there will be excess steam at POD ONE to hook up well pairs 18 and 19 at POD 1.

The 2009 Annual Report seems to me to be using different terminology or metrics for mesuring the steam produced at POD 1 because if you look at the design specifications from the Drifter Projects website at http://www.drifterprojects.ca/projects/cll_great_divide/gdoc_great_divide.html you will see that the stated design capacity for POD 1's steam production is stated as :

Project Technical Summary

• 10,000bopd SAGD Facility
  • Design SOR of 2.75
  • Steam Generation capacity of ~ 440,000 lbs/hr @ 1000psig
  • Number of connected wellpads: 2

So correct me if I am wrong but the 2009 Annual Report is reporting in terms of 27,000 bbl/d of steam compared to the Drifter Project's specifications for steam production which is mentioned as lbs/hr @ 1000psig. 2Crude may be able to clear up this issue as he has expertise in this area, or maybe someone else on the board can better clarify this.

Best Wishes; Scott

New Message
Please login to post a reply