Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

With Connacher reporting that it currently has over one billion dollars in tax pools, my question is can Connacher then sell their one billion dollars in tax pools to another oil and gas company in 2012 for $500 million dollars in cash in order to finance Connacher's expansion to 44,000 bbl/d? If so this would prevent another share sale and Connacher would be giving up very little as it's continued building program constructing it's expansion would replenish a large part of the one billion dollar tax pool that Connacher had sold off. Thus Connacher would achieve it's expansion plus replenishing its tax pool at no further expense to the shareholders.

I view the one billion dollar tax pool as a financial asset.

krissy09 - you are very persistent, compelling and believable in your argument concerning Connacher's debt and you are winning me over to your side. If the sale of Connacher's one billion dollar tax pool for $500 million dollars were to take place, and if all of this money was not used for the expansion, part or all of it could be used to pay down some of Connacher's debt.

Best Wishes; Scott

New Message
Please login to post a reply