Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free
Message: Connacher's SAGD production is a lot better than Nexen's

Hi Jurek -

You made a lot of assumptions in your response to my comparison of Connacher's POD 1 project and Nexen's SAGD operation at Long Lake. I was purely comparing what they have accomplished in terms of their technology to date. I made no assumptions about which of the two would be a better investment 5 years from now as making such an assumption does as 2C says "border on insanity". Not being an analyst, I am in no position to make forward assumptions. In fact in my comparison I made no reference to OPTI Canada at all, whose main contribution to the Long Lake Project is the upgrader, (except the water diversion project). I stuck to the facts with what I wrote. I suggest that you do the same. Respectfully, you have no idea that OPTI will even exist within 5 years or that it's position will not be reduced significantly by then.

Best Wishes; Scott

New Message
Please login to post a reply