Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Jurek:

Thank you for your word of caution. It is appreciated. Actually, all currencies have turned into pieces of you know what. That is why I have also developed a position in precious metal assets of gold, silver, platinum and palladium. However, even that is a distinct minor percentage of my portfolio. Over the past year, I have raised a lot of cash. At present, as the US$ continues to strengthen, I am considering a limited position in certain contra US$ currencies also.

I am a bit concerned regarding Connacher as I see a potential for increasing weakness across all economies resulting in reduced petroleum demand. Of course, such would impact Connacher in its position of being an under capitalized producer of a high marginal cost source of energy in relationship to other sources, it would likely not be good for Connacher. The last thing we need at present is even a limited repeat of 2008. A potential however that I see as a possibility.

Brian

New Message
Please login to post a reply