Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free
Message: Connacher Files With AEUB For Production Increase Approval

BJ the following is from their press release:

"Assuming the Project is completed as one 24,000 bbl/d module, at an initial estimated capital intensity of approximately $25,000 per flowing barrel of bitumen. The Project could also be completed in consecutive 12,000 bbl/d modules over a longer period of time, at a similar estimated cost per flowing barrel, if circumstances and economics warrant."

I'm not great at maths but in my book 24,000 * $25,000 = $600,000,000. Don't ask me why they posted these figures. Seem a tad high to me also. Maybe they are factoring in rampant inflation as a result of the printing presses. CLL is tanking again today but I guess it's not due to manipulators as the markets in general are tanking everywhere and oil below $64 ouch. The whole world is coming to an end. Maybe it will soon be time to reassess my position and dip a toe back in. I've learned to watch the small and medium caps for signs of reversals but today those guys are down even more than the large caps, not good IMHO.

Cashed in the pairs trade Gold/Silver I had. Made a nice profit on that one as they drfted back together as predicted. That makes up for the mistake I made selling BP. Yes you would think I would have made some money there but unfortunately I was a bit late to the party and because I was sitting on a sell trade when it went Ex Divi, meant I had to pay the dividend and cost me dearly. Look out for that one if ever you are in such a position. That's one for the Lesson Learned file and I got to put it down to inexperience on my part.

CLL just sitting at the 200 day MA but can't really see it bouncing up from this level without a reversal of oil and if it breaks through with any force then I fear the worst.

Still watching and waiting.

Den

New Message
Please login to post a reply