Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free
May 28, 2010 09:10AM

This week I found an interesting read about the stock markets.

First take a look at this chart from the Dow.It's a very long time chart since 1920 .

So it's very clear that latest decade has made a huge bubble .

But also during some periods in the stock market there we times the market made a sideways pattern like in this period from 1966 to 1982.

So the buy and hold strategy didn't make much fortune durng that period for almost 16 years.

I think like the writer also that we will see same event during a long time to come.Not only based from a chart etchnical point of view but also the fact that the huge amount of debt in the world will put a demper on the situation.Latest act on the Greece debacle was the trigger to get attention on the situation.Nox more and more we hear that countries in Europe need severe actions to bring their debt situations in line with Eurozones targets.We will pay for all this.The man on the street mostly I guess.This means also like here that pensions systems will be tightened ,people will be forced to work longer and with less payment ,taxes increase etc..That will lead to slower spending which will result in less profits for companies.

According to the writer there will be vollatile markets for quite some time .So to make gains in such markets a buy and hold strategy IMO is not the best one.Even if companies do well if markets come down for some reason they will follow.

As for our company CLL I think they were not out of the problems.The main goal is probably the oil price.If the price can stay above 70 it would be ok .

A vision of many leaders is to make their countries less dependend from energy like oil .Therefor electric cars will be quicker on the market then we think.I agree that for the US and Canada with large distance to travel it will take some time but for Europe they will be sold much quicker here.Last weekend I saw 2 Lotus Tesla sport cars .With an radius of 500 km for Europe that's not bad to use here.

The problems with BP off shore drilling sets another light on the problems of that kind of developments.Unbelievable that they can't shut down the well .What a mess they made up there.THat severe case of pollution can implement for hard meassures make or use other energy forms.

I 'm not so sure oil will climb very rapidly like some are hoping.

New Message
Please login to post a reply