Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

I read these rumours also about Shell and Exxon.But considering the fact that no one can figure out what the cost will we for the clean up and after that the claims they will get etc.. Shell or Exxon will probably look the cat out of the tree like we say here.Another option could be they sell some parts of their assets or cut the dividend etc..

It really is dramatic as you see the views under water .You can wonder if they never had in mind a pipe could broke under water and how to fix is .They couldn't shut down the leaking pipe with the robots .The rises some questions why not and is that equipment well ok to operate in deep salt water condistions for long time.

IMO it will do no good for other oil producers which are very active in deep water drilling.It can't be that oil companies do what they want with minor safety rules.If this will last to August and storms come across what then?It becolmes clear that how more the conventional easy pumping up oil is declining the deep sea winning can cause huge damage .

Just don't know the effect on the US $ ?Hard times for investors these days.Looks we will open lower because of a bad May retail report.So big chance we close lower then yesterday.

To Jurek

I wouldn't buy BP .To risky IMO .There is a saying don't pick up a falling knife.To much uncertainty around that stock and the outcome from that disaster.

Though CLL is also a risky stock I feel more comfortable at these prices compared to BP.

New Message
Please login to post a reply