Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free
Message: Just When News On The Oilsands Can't Get Much Worse

"I would like to read some meaning about the economic situation in the US.In my area so far i have the impression that the worst situation is over and European banks did pretty well in the so called "stress test".What i heard from a store keeper this week that it's not so easy to get money for investments.The banks have raised their levels for credits."

This is true, creditors have been tightening for some time now here in the States. Supposedly that is slowing the recovery because consumers aren't able to borrow (and spend). Credit ratings are also dropping for consumers, again making it difficult for them to borrow and spend, such as to purchase cars to get to work. This has been taking place for quite some time now, as creditors are dropping credit limits on credit cards and home equity loans. Here is an article about homebuilding concerns. Personally I don't believe the price of oil will crash as it did before, but who really knows?

B-Jay "There must be a tremendous amount of presure behind that steam they are pushing into the ground." Do we know how many ESP's are being installed at Algar? I believe the last I read for Great Divide was 17 of 19 wells were transitioning to ESP's. If they install ESP's and run them off the cogenerator we should realize some efficiencies there (if I'm understanding the technology correctly).

-bbq

New Message
Please login to post a reply