Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Aug 08, 2010 06:42AM

Aug 09, 2010 12:47PM

Aug 09, 2010 01:33PM

Aug 09, 2010 01:54PM

Aug 09, 2010 02:06PM

Aug 09, 2010 03:02PM

Aug 09, 2010 03:46PM

Aug 10, 2010 08:46AM
Aug 10, 2010 11:06AM

Hi Brian

Yes summer so far is not bad and i did a lot of driving around.

Indeed i also believe it's not a case of back luck alone.If they were only two years earlier in the market with pod 1 at full speed and Algar finished and ramping up half way with the oil price in 2007 we probably shouldn't be in this situation.But we can't change the time so now we have to deal with it but the picture is not the same like it was then.

Tomorrow we have some news but let's hope the markets don't start a sell off .First hours now are minus 1 % ahead of the FED.It's waiting until the end when they come with a statement.I'm still hoping on a continuation of the trend towards April top.If markets can go to that target ,CLL IF reaction tomorrow is positive (normally we see a sell appearing after their figures) we can break above the 1.53 .That's the line to smash for a continuation in an upwards move.

The numbers will probably not impressive maybe MRC has something positive but now oil has gone up above 80 and probably 85 could be reached so for the next Q this could be better and Algar can start within some weeks.I remember that first oil from pod 1 was countered by the cost of the NG to warm it up so we can expect same for Algar too.

So if investors look to months to come instead of like many think too the bad niumbers the trend up can sstart but I have some doubt about the economic picture.In many magazines they still fear a double dip so will this be the case or not.

I've been riding around and my impression is that people are doing not so bad .On the other hand on my company I never witnessed so little work in the whole time I worked there.During my latest nightshift there was only 1 plant of the 5 running.All the rest down.We have playing cards almost the whole time we are there.They say that they are selling their stocks and that refiners are doing longer with same catalyst .I think many companies are focussing on efficient cost manipulation and other meassures instead of hiring new people for extra jobs.Many 2012 will see improvement on labour markets.

Just looked to the indexes and they are moving up again.

Aug 10, 2010 11:48AM

Aug 10, 2010 12:17PM
Aug 10, 2010 12:45PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply