Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Hi 2Crude;

I believe that you are correct that the numbers that I stated in my 10th point are in fact the market cap numbers. I just checked the Q-3 Reports for each of Petrobank Energy (PBG), Black Pearl (PXX) and MEG (MEG) and the number of shares that each stated is as follows:

Market cap

PBG: 4,401,079,000 PXX: 1,615,057,000 MEG: 7,584,077,000

No. of Shares:

PBG: 109,979,000 PXX: 272,900,533 MEG: 186,996,596

I apologize to all for the error. I misread the chart on the Bryan Mills Iradesso Q-3 iQ Report. When I looked at the number beside Connacher on the chart which stated 472,000,000 I incorrectly assumed that was the number of shares as I thought that Connacher's market cap was over $1 billion dollars. When I checked the number of outstanding shares for Connacher in Connacher's Q-3 Report it stated on page 18: 446,934,334 common shares, 25,657,365 share purchase options, 380,598 share units under the share award plan which adds up to close to the number 472,000,000 posted in the Bryan Mills Iradesso Report. I incorrectly assumed that this was the number of outstanding shares that Connacher has. I should have checked out the other companies share numbers from their website Q-3 Reports instead of misinterpreting the chart that I was looking at.

The heading of the column on the chart that I was referring to reads:

Market cap Nov. 30/10 share price & Sept. 30/10 shares o/s $ (000).

In my hurry to post my blog I interpreted this to be Sept. 30/10 out standing shares. Thank you for catching this 2Crude and allowing me to correct my previous 10th point which as I have acknowledged is incorrect so everyone should ignore my 10th point about share size. 2Crude is correct that Connacher still possesses a huge number of outstanding shares compared to it's competitors in the oilsands space.

Cheers; Scott

New Message
Please login to post a reply