Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Hi believe;

Yes, distributing the PDP shares to Connachers share holders a year or two ago could have been easily done by Connacher management, however, had they done this Dick Gusella could not have remained as the head of Petrolifera nor could Connacher have controlled Petrolifera's Board of Directors as Connacher would no longer have owned any part of Petrolifera. Perhaps Petrolifera might have fared differently.

Believe, your idea for Connacher's management to distribute the 3,000,000 Gran Tierra shares which Jurek estimates that Connacher will get for it's 21% ownership position in Petrolifera would be an honourable thing to do. With Connacher's present 447 million outstanding shares (according to the latest presentation) and about 8 million Gran Tierra shares accruing to Connacher, unless my math is wrong 447 divided by 8 equals 55.875 so this means that a Connacher shareholder would get 1 share of Gran Tierra for ever 56 Connacher shares that they currently hold. I'm in favour of this. The long suffering Connacher shareholder's should be given something for our efforts over the years. Maybe we should all start an e=mail campaign to suggest this to Dick Gusella.

But I think that management will not do this as Connacher is desperate for capital to fund their ongoing projects. In other words it will never happen. A good idea none the less believe.

Cheers; Scott

New Message
Please login to post a reply