Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

In April I posted the refinancing deal that Crescent Point signed to pay down some of it's debt. The original press release stated:

CALGARY, April 14 /CNW/ - Crescent Point Energy Corp. ("Crescent Point" or the "Company") is pleased to announce that it has closed a private placement of long-term debt in the form of senior guaranteed notes to a group of institutional investors. The notes issued pursuant to the private placement are unsecured and rank equally with Crescent Point's obligations under its bank facilities. In total, US$165 million and CDN$50 million was raised through four separate series of notes under various terms and rates as described in the table below.

<<
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
AmountTermCoupon Rate
US$52 million5-year term repayable in 2016__________3.93%
US$31 million7-year term repayable in 2018__________4.58%
US$82 million10-year term repayable in 2021_________5.13%
CDN$50 million10-year term repayable in 2021________5.528%
>>

Proceeds from the offering were used to repay a portion of the Company's outstanding bank debt.

RBC Capital Markets acted as lead placement agent on the offering, and HSBC Securities (USA) Inc. and National Bank of Canada acted as co-placement agents.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/news-sources/?date=20110414&archive=cnw&slug=C4155

So my question to those financial experts on this board is, does Connacher have to pay a higher interest rate because it is borrowing a great deal more money than Crescent Point, or is it also because Crescent Point is a $15 billion dollar company compared to Connacher's $1.5 billion dollar value which presents more risk as far as the lender's are concerned? Notice that Connacher's debt is for 7 years and 8 years whereas Crescent Point is paying 5.13% and 5.528% on it's 10 year debt.

I also noticed in Connacher's Press Release on CNW that I just posted that it states that Connacher's bitumen production is approximately 14,000 bbl/d. So it appears that 2CRUDE was correct when he stated that production was most likely the same as was reported in February.

Cheers; Scott

New Message
Please login to post a reply