Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Since there are a lot of people here with experience in the Canadian O&G industry, I have a question.

I may be heading to work in the patch as a medic for the fall/winter. All my previous experience is in forestry, although I have a fairly general understanding of the Canadian and global energy picture. I'd attribute part of that to Yergin's book, "The Prize," and part to having been invested in CLL since around 2005, and part to just curiousity and lots of reading online.

However, is anyone aware of any sort of book that gives a comprehensive picture of what to expect in the field, in terms of pipelines, rigs, seismic operations, etc.? Something like an "Idiot's Guide to the Canadian Oil Patch" would be just perfect. I don't need to know more of the overall picture of global oil; I need to learn more so if I take this job and someone says, "there's been an accident by the evaporator towers," I know what they mean.

New Message
Please login to post a reply