Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

In my opinion, the only scenario that could perhaps justify the current selling price for Connacher is that the world investment community is pricing in a total worldwide collapse of our financial system with the end result, a worldwide depression. If this occurs, most of the major banks and a substantial percentage of the companies in both the Dow and the S&P 500 will also go bankrupt, not to mention the govenments themselfs. Our prime focus at that point will probably need to be on survival rather than making money shorting stocks!

SP 500 chart.I think we could consider as well a drop to 1040 points

There is a lot of unrest in the markets.

Yesterday I heard a professor on Belgians news say it's highly unlikely Greece could get out of this trouble because they simply can't pay down debt.If you take the meassures needed then you put a demper on your economy which slows down further causing bigger problems.So anyone has to take the debt on his shoulders.If the Greece people can't bear it anymore he stated a sollution could be a creation of a so called "Eurobonds" This means the Greek bond holders "the banks mostly" could exchange 2 Greek bonds for one Eurobond taking by this 50 % loss .But in place they have a solid backed Eurobond in place instead of a Greek very risky bond which could probably lead to the bankrupt of the country.

Another problem the ECB has is the fact they can't print money like in the USA or the UK.It's not described in their way of conduct.Llike written down in previous postings the traders have a severe scenario in their heads.

There was a few days ago a trader on the news as well.He simply said "we have no mercy in the way we act "We only act to make money.Indeed they bring companies in severe trouble sometimes if they smell something is probably wrong.

To Nick.I can understand you sold but I think it will not going the way some are predicting.Many companies are at very low levels ,not spoken about a lot of banks right now.They are calculating into the sp a worst case scenario.October is known for a tricky month and the chance we go down more then today is possible .The Eurozone leaders should take the needed actions like creating a Eurobond but I heard the Germans are against it.

New Message
Please login to post a reply