Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Hi Jurek,

After I sold out I vowed three things.

1.) Never again fall in love with any stocks.

2.) Never again take any notice of any of the multitude of newsletters flying around.

3.) Keep under control the urge to invest in companies which are speculative at best just to chase the quick buck and only invest in companies with proven track records and plenty of room to manoever in bad times.

I have returning to the board on rare occasions basically just to see who is still here and I must admit the guys here have stronger stomach than me and also a greater appetite for risk.

It is great to see the various debates about CLL fortunes are still raging and I am surprised really that there are some here who still wholeheartedly believe in this company despite all the knocks and heartaches they have had to endure over the years. I do wish them all the best of luck because I feel luck will play a major part in CLL's future.

When I mentioned the smoke and mirrors method of reporting I was merely pointing out the fact that management have headline reported favourable results for the quarter neglecting to identifying all the reasons for the numbers in the headline. They did of course report all of the facts within the body of the report which is all they are legally obliged to do. So if you are lazy as most people are and don't burrow down into the report to find out the real story then it is entirely the individual's own fault. This method of reporting is normal practice it seems so buyer beware. In fact this has been true for all the companies I have researched so far so CLL are no exception.

Luckily on this board we have a guy who does all the work for us and I personnaly thank you for that.

Cheers.

Den

New Message
Please login to post a reply