Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free
Jan 12, 2012 10:54AM

Jan 12, 2012 11:18AM

I am one of those that held shares since 2005. I have long since given up on Gusella's ability to make this company perform as it could have. The debacle of throttled production in 2008, necessitated by fairly to be adequately capitalized in case of contingencies, was the tipping point for me.

Although the idea of making money on a quick flip from this point is not very palatable for anyone who has held since 2005, it might be a way for some people to regain some of their lost money. That is, IF the company is suddenly sold for $1.50 in the next month or so. I've held shares for many years, and I've also increased and decreased my position occasionally. I've held a large number of shares that went from $1.75 to the $2.60 range and then over $4, and felt good. I bought shares at $5.25 that I felt idiotic about. I had a quarter million dollar stake in Connacher at one point, and at other points I've felt that I should sell my stake and just take the money to go out and get drunk.

Remember how, in 2005 and 2006, some of us looked at a long time frame and said that Connacher would do "adequately" until 2010 or 2011, and only after that would it really start to realize its potential? Well, now is that time. Unfortunately, bigger players realize this, and Connacher is going to get swallowed. No point crying about it - the smartest thing is to position yourself ahead of the play and at least make a bit of money from it.

Jan 12, 2012 11:58AM

Jan 12, 2012 11:58AM

Jan 12, 2012 12:17PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply