Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free
Jan 27, 2012 11:00AM

MarlboroDog

I see we can include you among the Jurek inner circle of negativity.

1st of all if you're going to cut and paste from something I posted on Stockhouse then at least SAY THAT so people can see the whole context...The point I was making was that at current levels of production at current prices isn't enough..

http://www.stockhouse.com/Bullboards/MessageDetail.aspx?p=0&m=30594435&l=0&r=0&s=CLL&t=LIST

2nd of all CLL was created as a fully integrated company with multiple sources of income. The fact that the refinery is providing a major source of revenue until Oil sand Production becomes more profitable is an example of the success of the corporate plan and not a failure of the oil sands. Debt levels are consistant with a stand alone company building production facilities. Add in 2 major economic crisises in 3 years which depressed oil prices.Then add in 2 bear raids on the company which drove SP down which hampered their ability to raise funds.

So as it stands now oil production alone won't pay the bills. That said unlike your view that this proves CLL is a failure it in fact proves that the plan of generating revenue outside of their core worked. They knew it would take years if not a decade to get all production facilities built when approval, construction ramp up are considered..

So the question is not whether the oil sands are viable as a stand alone because at this point they arent.The question is whether the origianl plan of the fully integrated company worked or not AND IT DID.

Jan 29, 2012 06:40AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply