Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free
Jan 30, 2012 03:28PM
Jan 30, 2012 04:18PM

Rebels,

You imply that myself and others are in Jurek's camp when it comes to CLL? That would be an oversimplification. If anything, I'm in the realistic camp.

I owned 40,000 shares of CLL when it touched $6.00, half a dozen years ago, for a value at the time of $240,000. I own 44,000 shares today, for a value of slightly under $44,000. I think that if you were to say that I am "negative" about CLL, that would not be consistent with the fact that I am still here.

I must point out that I haven't owned the same number of shares consistently. I was lucky to get out entirely last year at $1.71, and get back in under a dollar. Unfortunately, that wasn't enough to offset my losses when the SP dropped precipitously in 2008, and I was partially margined out.

I respect some of Jurek's opinions, because I think he points out some accurate weaknesses with the company. I also respect some of your opinions, because you point out some positive aspects, and some as-yet-unrealized potential.

Agoracom actually has more people reading this board than you'd realize, based on some PM's that I've received. Some people just don't like to post. Certainly the traffic at Stockhouse is heavier, but there is a LOT of garbage there. I personally avoided Stockhouse entirely for about two years, because of the spam and lack of control/civility, but unfortunately I felt like I should start scanning that board again recently with all the activity since mid-December. I just don't feel like posting there, because I don't want to give them the satisfaction of extra advertising revenue, even though it would only amount to pennies. Sometimes we have to draw a line in the sand, even if the only person it makes happy is ourselves.

Anyway, I believe that your opinion that the board is predominantly negative is perhaps a strong one. I would think that the majority of long-term CLL followers SHOULD have negative opinions, based on the SP performance, but I think this board still presents a healthy mix of opinions, even though the traffic might be a lot less than at SH.

Perhaps your feelings on this are affected by an emotional attachment to this stock. You've been in it as long as I have, or possibly a bit longer (March 2005, I think?). Remember, you should never grow emotionally attached to a stock.

Anyway, I hope this is near the end of the discussion about circling the wagons and negativity. Let's concentrate more on what could happen with the company in the upcoming months. I think many of our silent readers here would prefer that kind of a focus.

Jan 30, 2012 05:45PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply