Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Hi Sharky & King 2,

Thanks for keeping this web bulletin board alive. I do remember in the "old days" that it was an area of real first class informed discussion. Heck I even posted a couple of times. I guess I am mentioning even though there is not much activity on the board, there are readers out there trolling for comments.

Now to Connacher, I am cautiously optimistic that they now appear to be focusing upon the mechanics of oil sand SAGD and SAGD+ in ramping up the optimization of production. To me, even though we know that old well pairs will gradually diminish production as their chambers age, if this can be overcome through appropriately timed new wells coming on line with the cost covered by the increased production together with a better recovery of diluent, we will be going a long way toward gaining financial institutional acceptance. Of course it will not hurt having a high oil price although I believe the current 1.09 - 1.10 highs will subside somewhat after whatever action/or no action in Syria occurs.

Strangely enough, I am not all that worried about the debt burden as long as they show continued improvements. There is a whole lot of institutional investors with money looking for solid low to medium to good risk companies to loan too. As a matter of fact today I signed for a 2.89% 2 year loan for what is to me a substantial amount, a long way from what Connacher is currently paying.

Having said that, at the moment we do not know what the wear and tear is on the current Pod 1 and Algar plants. When I work in the Middle East, some of the producers look at a 7 year cycle of replacement of plant infrastructure due to the corrosive effect of product going through their lines and reducing the size of pipe through product through steel tube abrahsion. There are others however that are at the 20+ year replacement range. This is an area where we just have no knowledge of at the Connacher facilities and for that matter many other of the Oil Sands producers.

Just some meanderings, enjoy your bikes!

New Message
Please login to post a reply