Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

bbqdays

posted on Jan 03, 2009 09:26PM

BBQ:

I have three base metal picks. None of them are juniors.

BHP Biliton the largest integrated mining company in the world and a superb company paying a good dividend. It bottomed at about $29 US and now sits around $44. Wait for a pull back which I think will come.

Anglo American a very good integrated producer of Cu, Mn, Zn, Au, Ag, Rhodium, Platinum, Palladium, Osmium. At present about $12 US. World largest producer of Platinum Group metals. Now selling around 11 or 12

Thompson Creek Metals A Canadian company and the second largest producer of molybdenum in the world. Moly is a hardening metal used in steel alloy materials. At present about $4.00 US down from around $30 six months ago.

In precious metals:

Silver Wheaton a novel silver company and a Canadian Company

SilverCorp Mining. A Canadian Company (SVM) operating four mines in China. A very, very low cost producer of silver and some gold from poly metallic mines. Great growth prospects. Founder of Company was former Canadian Ambassador to China. Maagement is a mixture of Chinese and Canadians. Current price low $2 range US

Barrick Gold. The largest gold miner in the world now trading around $30 with mines on as I recall four continents. Great long life reserves and bringing on more in next two years.

Also, if of interest, I have a position in Arcelor Mittal the largest steel producer in the world operating on virtually all continents. At present trading at $26.10 US$ and paying in excess of a 6% dividend. Company headquartered in Luxembourg.

Of all the above companies only two do not pay a dividend. Silver Wheaton and Thompson Creek.

All prices are in US$

Good luck and I hope I have been of help.

Brian

New Message
Please login to post a reply