Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Really Off Topic?

posted on May 01, 2009 01:22AM

Guys,

I have formed a very positive opinion of you guys and your capabilities at assessing this company, especially you Jurek. However I am a little disappointed with the off topic forum. Seems the topics rarely (if ever) deviate away from oil sands companies. My idea of off topic discussion is about not just other companies but other sectors. I recognise that on this forum there are probably no pumpers (I think I am right about that). We are missing out on an opportunity to introduce discussions and evaluations of some great and cheap companies out there right now. I posted an example of such a company on 6th Jan. (Vedanta.L) on the main board and received no comments at all. I expected at least some others here to post at least one of their favourites. The post by BBQ on Apr 16th on this board seems to be typical as there was not one reply to his question either. I for one would like to apologise for that and will certainly be looking into the stock in question and try to give an opinion later.

Come on Guys we all know that for the time being the oilsands is not the place to be putting any of your hard earned wealth as it is just too speculative. We will still get the chance to find some real bargains later when conditions turn more favourable. Tying up your spare cash here is not a good idea, leave your powder dry till the next down leg in the markets (which I think is imminent) is finished.

Perhaps if we start introducing some ideas about other companies the off topic will become a popular place to be, at the moment it's almost dead.

Look forward to your comments.

Den

New Message
Please login to post a reply