Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Thanks for the responses and well done BBQ for your investment CNEH. It’s not one I would have chosen for myself the charts look a lot like a typical pump and dump scenario to me and it is a very small company with quite a complex structure. Like I mentioned in past posts I am trying to limit my exposure to speculative stocks. I did very well with another couple of Chinese companies myself WCC.L (Cement) and RCG.L (RFID components). I already liquidated half my position in RCG as I doubled my stake. Now I’m playing for free. WCC has been on a roll and now I think it’s time to cash in and with my Vadenta stock I will bank both on Monday. I know the markets are looking good still but right now I am looking to get back into cash. Perhaps I will be too early but I am happy with the results so far. Recently I opened a small spread betting account with Capital Markets and for the moment I am experimenting with differentials. Buying and selling WTI and Brent at the same time and wait till the differential to narrow so far has been very profitable for me. In and out and I don’t need to worry about the direction of oil. I will keep you posted on how it goes. Also I am looking at the difference between Platinum Gold and Silver with a view to trying the same strategy there if the differentials grow abnormally wide.

On the down side I had to jump out of HOGS, the reason is obvious and I jump into GSK for the same reason. Actually I don’t like GSK too much but surely they will benefit from this latest FLU fiasco.

Agree the US dollar has to go down, just don’t know when.

Sorry I don’t agree that the markets are going straight into the next up leg. This would be very unusual if it happens.

Yes Brian I agree that you should be looking beyond N. America and thanks for the excellent explanation for inflation Gold etc. Just one point, it was R. Marks not D. Marks and no, I’m not old enough to have been around at the time. I just remember it from a history lesson. Run up to 10,000???? I don’t think so but I guess we will have to see. I know it will get there in the end but I don’t think you should hold your breath. Learning Mandarin? Yes an excellent suggestion and my wife will back you up all the way. She has been nagging me for months to start learning Chinese. Hindi is not a requirement as most Indians are fluent in English, not so the Chinese.

Jurek, thanks for the tips and I will be following closely. Not doing any buying right now and playing it safe.

Finally I don’t like Gold and never have. I fully agree with BBQ on that one, it’s just my personal opinion.

Hope you guys are having a great weekend while I’m at work.

Den

New Message
Please login to post a reply