Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

What if Lindsay meant what he said about being full up with projects? http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/story/2008/04/14/globalcopper.html Is something like this big enough to keep the copper side busy? Not likely. In 2003, AMEC completed a NI 43-101 compliant mineral resource estimate at Relincho defining Measured and Indicated Sulphide Resources of 174 million tonnes grading 0.59% copper and 0.024% molybdenum and Inferred Sulphide Resources of 100 million tonnes grading 0.51% copper and 0.017% molybdenum at a cutoff grade of 0.4% copper. The current Indicated Sulphide Mineral Resources at Relincho totals 498 million tonnes grading 0.47% copper and 0.023% molybdenum (0.61% Copper Equivalent(1)) and Inferred Sulphide Mineral Resources of 378 million tonnes grading 0.43% copper and 0.023% molybdenum (0.56% Copper Equivalent(1)); both using a 0.4% Copper Equivalent(1) cut-off grade. (The costs involved are a bit high) The Relincho Cu-Mo Deposit Full PDF

Ok so what if they really have their plate full. Would they let us go? No. They would have to make a gain that balanced the long term prospect for the deposit with their shareholders expectations. Relincho was the best Chile had to offer at the time. We were no where near ready in 08.

We are conducting feasibility studies at the Quebrada Blanca Phase 2 and the Relincho projects in Chile, and the Galore Creek project in British Columbia, with the goal of increasing copper production.

In addition, we are actively exploring and assessing development opportunities for new copper deposits in Canada, Chile, Mexico, the United States, Namibia, Peru, Turkey and Australia.

Now reading this does it seem like we are off the grid?

We have near-term growth targets to increase our copper production to more than 400,000 tonnes per year. We have recently completed the construction of a new copper concentrator at Carmen de Andacollo and have projects underway to expand capacity and increase the working lives of several of our other copper mines.

Seems to me they have a shortage coming. Listening to Lindsay leads me to believe they see it coming. He said that even if the EU fell apart there would be continued demand. China is 9 times the size of the USA in demand. Even with no mention of us not even a hint I think we are priority 1.

Tech is not the only player in this boat! All of the other majors have shortages within 5 years. Only a couple of them are near addressing the 10 year window but all recognize the 20 year window. None of them have a full proof plan for that. I see at least 5 years of acquisitions. Lindays said there is price volatitlity but recognizes the increasing price of copper no matter what. That statement means they expect to pay more for the Jrs.

With the potential for huge profits: http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-10-26/xstrata-drop-makes-glencore-takeover-win-win-chart-of-the-day.html

This does not come as a surprise. Now we have the Polish in the hunt. This comes as no surprise either: http://www.nevsun.com/projects/bisha-main/ Sp at $5.40

It's worth bearing in mind that they went to pennies during the crash. Now take Lindsay's comments into account and the recent clamour in Africa about nationalization of mines. Yup, great find but can you keep it? We'll need to watch the news for more nationalizations. I have predicted this trend will continue. Where you see taxations increasing rapidly you can expect a breaking point. Yes, it will happen over the next 5 years but until our economies are sorted the change in attitudes will continue down this line. Some countries are actually using the Occupy movement as an excuse.

The long term outlook is well represented in this article: http://copperinvestingnews.com/8455/investors-interested-in-copper/ I share many of these veiws plus more supply restrictions. When nationalization occurs the mines production drop and sometimes stall completely. Just because you can sieze something doesn't mean you know how to run it. Yes you can sell it to a friend but that takes time and disruptions will dominate the news. That will bring more investors to Canada.

Lindays was quite right about money moving to safe locals when it comes to mining. Mines take decades to get going and you want a stable government. This will come to dominate investor thinking over the next decade. The world is about to get a whole lot smaller. The strikes are just another dimension and what's fueling that?

"FRANKFURT, Oct 29 (Reuters) - Robert Bosch expects soaring raw material prices to add costs in the hundreds of millions of euros again in 2011, the finance chief of the world's biggest automotive supplier said.
"We saw a very big price increase in the first half that we will be able to compensate only partly via hedging," Stefan Asenkerschbaumer said in an interview published in the Saturday edition of German daily newspaper Boersen-Zeitung." http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/feedarticle/9920076
Happy weekend reading,
W
PS. Can't remember if I posted this. If you look on the maps at cuu you will see two spots with red bands. Guess what's there.
New Message
Please login to post a reply