Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

IMO, the FS will come first. Then an updated Resource Estimate with silver. I just don't know why silver is taking so long to figure out thouhg.

History: The Schaft Creek Project was extensively explored and drilled by several mining companies since its discovery in the late 1950's culminating with the completion of a pre-feasibility study by Teck-Cominco Corp. (now Teck Resources Limited) in the early 1980s. In 2002, Copper Fox Metals Inc. secured the rights to acquire a 100% working interest in the project pursuant to an Option Agreement with Teck Resources Limited ("Teck") and related underlying agreements. Copper Fox has since earned a 100% working interest in the project (subject to the terms and conditions of the Option Agreement and an earn-back Option held by Teck) and has incurred expenditures of approximately $63.6 million to the end of July 2011.

The fact of the matter is there is a lot of data to be interpreted, starting with Hecla Mining, who discovered Schaft Creek in 1957 if Im not mistaken. Shaft Creek is 55 years old.

Theres been a lot of drills in there, so I imagine theres an absolute ton of data to be interpreted, and probably some of the data is old and done in old ways. Perhaps it could be taking old data and reinterpreting it with modern methods, prehaps they just made a mistake and had to go back to square one figuring out silver. Im not certain but a deposit of this size requires a lot of scrutinizing to make sure its done right. We omit just one material fact and it could have serious ramifications.

Personally Im quite content to just wait until the jobs done right with no rush. I know everyones tired of waiting but thats because we keep hyping ourselves up that its "just around the corner"...I cant wait to see the final result either, but mining is no quick industry and small delays are proportionate. Patience is always rewarded.

Rogue,

New Message
Please login to post a reply