Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

I posted a NR a few days ago regarding Nova Gold's intention to sell 50% of Galore Creek. With Teck holding the other 50%. Now if this was to go through I'm guessing Teck will have a say on who/how this happens. Today's report: http://ca.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idCAL2E8DM2HV20120222

The company, which outlined the plan late last year, said it has begun talking with potential buyers and that it expects a sale by the end of the year.

NovaGold expects everything to be completed in 2012, and has found potential partners. This development will definately be tied to Schaft Creek. If Teck/CUU management have the pre-BFS, it will require substantial analysis for the synergies of both projects to work together for Teck to decide how much they are 'willing' to pay for CUU. I'm guessing this is happening now.

The CAPEX of Galore was the big issue. So now as our BFS is being viewed/adjusted/calculated, our CAPEX will become the key driver for this project as a whole. Teck has its hands in both projects and will need at least one maybe two more partners to mine the Mega-District. We can speculate on who will want a piece. But more intestingly, on how the two projects could be combined to maximize value for Teck.

Based on this knowledge, I still expect Teck to take the 75% option and buy us out. Management at CUU has said they want out. I'm sure EE wants out with a nice premium. So how will this deal go down with the Schaft/Galore Combo?

New Message
Please login to post a reply