Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

There's been much speculation and frustration here over the lack of love investors are showing CUU. It seems so odd to us that others are blind to the sure thing that we see as clear as day.

However, the risk appetite in the markets, particularly in commodities, has been absent for over a year. Many stellar commodities stocks have traded sideways or have suffered losses over much of that time, CUU being one of them. At least we've been treading water for the past few months while others have continued to plummet. It's a rare metals stock indeed that has shown any significant and lasting gain over the past several months.

If you make your way through various discussion boards, you will find countless posts from shareholders of numerous stocks who are lamenting the fact they are down 20 per cent, 50 per cent, even 75 per cent. Many people are calling for the heads of management of their particular holding. They're angry!!!

I think we have to keep an eye on the bigger picture. We're not being held down. We're among a huge crowd of undervalued junior mining stocks with a proved enormous resource base and even greater potential. The tide will turn! Our day will come! It's just hard to continue having patience.

I came across this excellent post on another discussion board that I thought some of you would like to read. It helps put things in perspective:

The Venture Exchange was up a mere 3 points today (Aug. 7). Basically it went nowhere on a hugely bullish day for most other markets. This has been the same pattern all year, in fact for more than 1 and a half years now.

And until the Venture Exchange begins a new Bull market, its hard for ANY junior to fight against the trend and that included NKL, no matter how much its assets in the ground are worth.

Look at the 10 year chart of the Venture Exchange -

http://tmx.quotemedia.com/charting.php?qm_page=72982&qm_symbol=^JX

You'll notice it was in a Bull market from 2002 through 2008 - thats a SIX YEAR BULL market.

Then it declined precipitously for about 6 months, from June to December of 2008.

Subsequently, it began a new Bull market which lasted for 2 years and 4 months, until March 2011.

Since then we've been in a Bear market, so its lasted 17 months so far. Thats by far the longest Bear market in the last 10 years. Thats why things feel so bad right now for Junior stock investors. Its not just the declines (they've been brutal though for most stocks), its the length of the decline. A year and a half is more than anyone has experienced in the last decade, so it begins to wear on investors and the light at the end of the tunnel seems ever dimmer.

However, the reverse should be true. The very fact that we're still in this epic Bear market, even while metals prices are relatively high on a historical basis, should at some point be viewed as a positive, because when these long Bear markets end, it usually leads to a multi-year Bull market and a large re-valuation on the Index to the upside.

Its impossible to be sure when a Bear market will end but it has the 'feeling' of getting long in the tooth now and the volume is so light for so many junior stocks these days that it does appear that many sellers have already sold out of their entire position. I would imagine there will be a catalyst one of these days that will kick start a new Bull and maybe nobody will realise it at the time but in hindsight will be able to look back and point at it as the reason, and then again sometimes markets just bottom and time takes care of the rest.

Personally, i think one of these days the price of Gold is going to jump $60, $80 or $100 in a day and that will cause a huge influx of cash into the Venture Exchange and reboot the market, as it were. It could be some big news out of Europe or something no one has thought of yet but I think something like this is likely and those not already in positions will be finding it hard to get in when these stocks start to run up 20, 40, 60% in a day on big volume. Seems laughable today to think this will ever happen, but I'm convinced it will and it will happen when we least expect it.

Good luck all.

New Message
Please login to post a reply