Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

I'm not one of the "more knowledgeable" but I can answer some of your questions.

Yes, a full feasibility can easily take over a year and a half to complete. Scope creep can be a nasty thing for project deadlines. Schaft Creek likely started out at 120,000 tpd, then moved up to 150,000 tpd, and may have moved up again. Combine that with the changing block models from the Resource Estimates and you can see why we've had some delays. The more they drill, the bigger the project gets. That being said, our Feasibility Study is taking considerably longer than other companies I track. Here's a comparison of the time to produce feasibility studies for other projects:

QB2 (Teck) = 135,000 tpd = 20 months

Relincho (Teck) = 140,000 tpd = 16 months

Santo Domingo (Capstone) = 63,500 tpd = 14 months

Schaft Creek = 120,000+ tpd = 32 months

I'm okay with the past delays that we've seen but the company has done a terrible job of explaining them. I'm led to believe that either their project management skills are very poor, they've had a considerable amount of re-work, or they are intentionally stalling. My guess is the second option (re-work). As I said before, if we don't get any news this week I'll be emailing the company asking to release more info on their deadlines.

New Message
Please login to post a reply