Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

In the past, Teck's presentations have boasted about their copper business as having a "growth potential over the next 5-7 years of 2x". In fact, all 6 conference presentations dating back to Sept 2011 have mentioned this number. However, the most recent presentation has avoided using the 2x number and simply gone with a "Growing Copper Business".

In my opinion, this means that Teck is trying to distance themselves from the QB2 project. It could be because the SEIA approval is not going as well as hoped. This theory is supported by the fact that the "schedule impact is uncertain" a full two months after withdrawing the SEIA. It could also be because Teck is avoiding megaprojects like QB2 for the time being due to cost overruns industry wide. Or perhaps it could be because Teck is considering a lower production mine by the name of Schaft Creek instead of QB2.

I may be over analyzing things but it appears that Teck may have shifted the plan in their copper business. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing for Copper Fox is yet to be seen.

Sep 08, 2012 04:53PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply