Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

I'm concerned about what Don Lindsay said in the webinar yesterday and I was going to let it go. But, seeing how other posters are concerned about more CUU delays to 1-2 years for EA to be filed and approved, etc. I figured I might as well throw in my concerns in the pot too. Please provide me with your gut feel, analysis, opinion, etc.

The following quotes were obtained from Sharp662's post attaching article of webinar.

http://agoracom.com/ir/CopperFoxMetals/forums/discussion/topics/563519-teck-may-consider-copper-acquisitions-as-output-declines/messages/1773539#message

Teck Resources Ltd., Canada’s largest diversified miner, may consider acquisitions in copper mining to help offset an expected decline in the company’s output of the metal.

• “We do face declining grade issues, as do most mining companies these days, and production will tail off from this level until our next significant growth project comes online,”
  • “Something that might fill the gap would be of interest to us.”
  • "We’re already aware of some things that will now be for sale or where they are looking for partners.
  • While Teck is actively evaluating potential deals, the company doesn’t want to jeopardize its credit rating by taking on too much debt for acquisitions.

IMO, the fastest way to fill the gap from a mine, producing lower grades and lower production rates to a new mine ready for production, (Galore Creek 2018 or Scaft Creek 2019) would be to acquire or partner with an operating mine with at least 10 years life left where permits, etc. are already in place and grades and production rates are still very profitable. You will note on the last bullet that Don claims that Teck is actively evaluating potential deals.

So my worry is, is it probable that Teck might give an acquisition/partnership priority over CUU because they need to keep production more constant and longer for their daily production numbers to sustain for another 5-6 years, since Galore, which they already own 50% of, will be their next producing mine. The reason I ask this is because Teck has to date under $3B in cash and "the company doesn't want to jeopardize its credit rating by taking on too much debt for acquisitions".

Is it possible, that they MIGHT try and oppose the BFS and make us continue drilling to buy time so the will have the funds to jump in as partner with another mine, complete Galore and whenever, we are ready with 2nd BFS deal with us then. In the meantime, they have bought lots of time for their shares to increase, make more profits world wide, etc.

This is all strictly my thoughts while trying to reason why Teck would want to delay their decision, if that is true.

So please, view this as constructive exchanging of scenarios and not bashing. Just my concerns and thoughts.

New Message
Please login to post a reply