Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

I'm afraid what RabidTiger and Chops have to say rings quite true to me. For all the pluses with Schaft Creek there are those to be found elsewhere for a lot cheaper given the current state of the market.

For an example...Bell Copper has a small producing mine that could be had for a 200% premium to today's SP and still only cost Teck less than $4M. Bell's operation is very close to CCY's La Verde project also quite cheap in today's market. Teck could add that to the pile for a 200% premium amounting to only $30M and use nearby Bell Copper's infrastructure to further improve La Verde. Two good projects for less than $50M. Double them again to a 400% premium to recent trading and they are still only about $100M.

These are just examples of some current ready to go projects that could likely be had extremely cheap and there are more out there. The whole ecosystem of projects is such that the kind of premium we've talked ourselves into for CUU probably won't happen. Why would Teck spend Billions, then spend Billions to build when it could spend Millions?

New Message
Please login to post a reply