Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

Yep great interview. Mike explains why it's a benefit to CUU (in the eyes of another major) to already have the operator (of that scale - Teck) in place.

=====

CIN: How important is it for an exploration development company to secure a partner like Teck?

MS: It’s the only way you get to realize the value of your project. You have to be able to have somebody to buy you out and if they’re buying you out then they’re going to turn around and try and find a partner.

When you actually have a partner of that scale it really improves your ability to monetize it. For example, we don’t have any pretensions of being in the actual mining pit ourselves.

To have them there makes it a lot easier because typically most of the major mines of the world, the same as the big oil and gas fields, are all partnerships with miners.

Teck’s biggest copper mine is Antamina and they have Xstrata Mining as a partner. People of that ilk typically bring in other partners and they like them to be industry partners.

CIN: So has this deal made Copper Fox more attractive to other players?

MS: We certainly believe that. We’re certainly hearing good words from people in the industry. I think the market’s a little different story. It’s such a negative market at the moment it’s tough on them and I understand that. We think the future is very bright.

New Message
Please login to post a reply