Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

All being speculation at this point but I think an immediate drill program commencing rapidly after just signing a JV with Copper Fox is not mothballing the project. As explained in an earlier post, this is a positive step forward as the project is still active and moving forward. This desire to move SC forward with further drilling is not mothballing which is a sign of delay and postponement. Teck did not have to do a drill program this year. They could have stalled, delayed until 2014 but I feel there is a sense of urgency and excitment surrounding SC. A drill program from Teck was announced right away after signing the JV. A decision for production as others here have said could come after the drilling season IMO.

Other interesting signs of forward-moving on SC include Teck saying the following:

To continue to reduce costs in this low-growth market conditions (cost reductions in project developments) yet capital is being put into our property.

"we are reducing our sustaining capital expenditures and increasing the targets for our cost reduction program," said Don Lindsay, President and CEO.

"We are taking steps to reduce capital spending in light of market conditions"

"we are prudently deferring projects and capital expenditure" (Not SC project)

"were demonstrating a very disciplined capital allocation process" (SC superior project)

Real Foley from Teck, "Stabilizing Spot prices suggest the commodity markets may be "bottoming out" but still uncertainty in the world though

To conclude here, I think the above statements and comments from Teck are strong factors that show SC is not being mothballed at the moment IMO. Teck is spending money on SC and progressing forward with drilling and project enhancement.

New Message
Please login to post a reply