Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

I see you guys got drill results today. I followed CUU closely for a while so I thought I'd share my thoughts. I'm not a current shareholder so hopefully this message doesn't get banned.

I'll start with what I like about the news release today:

- Hole 435 appears to be within the current pit limits. This means this material was being mined anyways, so the fact that it's well mineralized is great news for the NPV. This is by far the best news in this release in my opinion. It would be nice if Elmer could show slices of the reserve model with the new drill data overlayed. This would give us an idea of how much new mineralization we "discovered".

- Hole 432 is mineralized near the surface and appears to be at least partially within the current pit limits. It appears that this area was not included in the block model (ie treated as waste).

- Hole 433 has the potential to upgrade some of the inferred to indicated which means it can be included in a feasibility study. The grades are low but if this is within the pit shell then it was counted as 0% copper in the feasibility study. Again, it's difficult to know without seeing how these drill holes compare to the block model data.

- Elmer got these results out in December as promised, +1 for credibility

And now, on to the bad:

- It appears that the drill program was less than 3000m of drilling, not 10,000m as Elmer outlined this past summer. -1 for credibility

- Both the Discovery zone and the Mike zone appear to be very low grade. I'm especially disappointed about the Mike zone because that could have been easily mined from our existing pit if the grades were decent.

- It doesn't look like the main pit was tested to depth. I'm very curious what type of grade is down there. It's not very relevant for the economics, but I'm curious how deep the deposit goes and if they can find grades similar to Seabridge Gold's.

- The drills appear to have encountered a lot of difficulty. I'm not a geologist, but this might pose geotechnical issues for the pit. I'm especially disappointed about 438. That hole would have lined up perfectly with the big red anomoly.

- The number of drill holes is quite low. I'm not sure how much waste/inferred can be upgraded with these results.

So what now? Unfortunately it looks like these results only give us a peak of what's to come. Teck won't move forward with building a mine without knowing what's along the east pit wall within the pit limits. The only way to quantify this data is with more drilling. If we see Teck announce a big drill program this spring, then it would be a sign that they are fast tracking Schaft Creek. (For reference, they are spending $270M on developing QB2 and $65M developing Relincho.) Until then, I'll still be watching.

New Message
Please login to post a reply