Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

I've been thinking about a post that Brundall put up on SI about a Teck presentation recently.

He was quoting the Teck guy as saying, "...we have several other assets that are non producing that are not normally highlighted in our presentations and we are getting a large number of approaches for some of those assets. We may look at that portfolio and decide to monetize one or two of those to provide some additional funding."

Brundall was speculating whether someone might be showing some interest in SC, and whether Teck is considering sellng.

I find it extremely hard to believe that Teck is getting "a large number of approaches" about Schaft Creek. That got me wondering though what non-producing asset they might be getting a lot of interest in and I came up with Galore Creek.

It's obviously well known since NG has been trying to sell it for years, but I wonder if the stumbling block is Teck. I think they own it 50:50 and maybe that is presenting a problem for a NG buyer. Teck doesn't like to own less than a controlling share and maybe they don't want to own more of GC. Maybe they would even consider selling off some and retaining about 20%?

We've always contended that SC was a better project than GC and maybe Teck is thinking the same thing. It would be an interesting development anyway.

Here's the link to the original post: http://www.siliconinvestor.com/readmsg.aspx?msgid=29534116

May 17, 2014 05:59PM
May 17, 2014 10:58PM
May 17, 2014 11:28PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply